1/29/2015

My five minute foundation routine


NXY dewy finish spray, Mary Kay TimeWise liquid Foundation, Lise Watier corrector, Mary Kay Mineral foundation, benefits porefessional
I have received so many questions and comments over the years on my foundation routine. The most common questions include “are you wearing foundation?” or  “what foundation do you wear? Looking back, I realized I have never shared my routine in detail on the blog  so here it is.
Just like most women I don't have the time to invest 20-30 minutes applying a complex foundation routine, nor do I think using 10 or more different products is appropriate for me everyday. Therefore, I use just a couple of products and try to keep my foundation routine under 5 minutes. Once I'm done with my foundation I may apply mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss.
 Mary Kay TimeWise liquid Foundation, benefits porefessional
The key to a good foundation routine is applying products  on healthy skin and using products appropriate for your skin type and complexion. On days when I'm really in a rush I will often skip many of these steps altogether (primer or setting spray).

On the days I decide to use a primer, I pat a light layer of Benefit's The POREfessional onto both cheeks with my fingers. I then apply a light layer of Mary Kay TimeWise liquid Matte foundation with my finger tips and then set with Mary Kay  mineral powder.
 Mary Kay Mineral foundation
  I then use the Lise Watier Corrector and select a shade a few colors lighter than my skin tone to apply under my eyes. Contouring and highlighting are not part of my everyday foundation routine and are often reserved for nights out.
Lastly, I use the NXY dewy setting spray to set the makeup and keep the powder from transferring onto clothing. However, I don't always do this step and only use it during the cold months.
Lise Watier corrector
NXY dewy finish spray, Mary Kay TimeWise liquid Foundation, Lise Watier corrector, Mary Kay Mineral foundation
Photos by clover
There you have it my quick 5 minute foundation routine  
What are your go to foundation brands? What makes up your foundation routine?
Products used:
Until next time,
Sincerely Miss J
Stay Connected

 
* All products purchased by me unless specified*






@smissjblog