11/03/2014

Revamp your Coat: Belt it

Wool Coat, World Master Card Toronto Fashion Week, Toronto Blogger, Black style blogger, Thrift shopping

As you may know I'm an avid thrift/vintage shopper. However, I'm extremely particular about which thrift stores I shop at and I find myself only going into the Salvation Army by my house. As a result, it's usually a hit or miss when it comes to the stuff I find. This time I scored big at a recent 50% off sale where I spotted this gorgeous grey 100% wool coat. Everything was perfect; the color, the length, the condition of the coat, and it was my size--except it gave me no shape.Because I'm a stubborn individual there was no way I was leaving without it, I was determined to make it work and make it a staple piece in my wardrobe. So I decided to belt it and suddenly all my problems went away.


Why choose a belt?
 1) To create a better fit by creating an hourglass silhouette.
 2) To  revamped an item and add interest to a look.


How can you achieve this look?
1) Find a coat of your choice ( you can also use this trick for your jackets or blazers )
2) Select a belt of your choice, preferably a thicker belt if it's a coat or a jacket 
3) Add the belt to your waist area and voila, you are done!
Wool Coat, World Master Card Toronto Fashion Week, Toronto Blogger, Black style blogger, Thrift shopping


Wool Coat, World Master Card Toronto Fashion Week, Toronto Blogger, Black style blogger, Thrift shopping
Photos Taken by Stephen

I chose to pair my coat with this metallic wrap belt in silver. If your curious, this was what I wore to day 5 of Toronto Fashion Week. I was not there very long but I'm very thankful to Stephen who took these photos. Thanks Stephen. Also pictured is my blogger buddy Sasha from Sasha's Satisfashion

I hope you enjoyed the post, now get belting!

Is there a particular item in your closet that could use a belt make over?
Until Next Time,
Sincerely Miss J

Outfit Information: Coat: Salvation Army (thrifted) similar here (on sale) // Belt: Dynamite: // Jeans: Gap // Heels: Thrifted 

Stay Connected:


@smissjblog